INDIANAPOLIS – Chrysler LLC’s fuel-saving Multiple Displacement System has been tweaked to activate more readily, the auto maker reveals. Featured on Chrysler’s vaunted 5.7L Hemi V-8, MDS deactivates 4 cyls. when the engine is operating under optimal conditions, as occurs when cruising at highway speed without headwinds. But for ’08, MDS is available at slightly lower rpm rates, says Craig Love, vice president-rear-wheel-drive product teams. The move narrows what Chrysler insiders call ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.