DETROIT -- U-Connect is the name the Chrysler Group gives its in-vehicle communications system that can be dealer-installed this spring and will be offered as a factory-installed option in 2003, likely on the new Chrysler Pacifica sports tourer. The car maker unwraps the name Wednesday for a system that essentially turns a vehicle into an extension of one’s mobile phone, carrier and services. Modifications to the vehicle are minor: a specialized rearview mirror and a hands-free control ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.