Shop-floor solutions stemming from Fiat Group Automobiles SpA’s World-Class Manufacturing system has generated more than C$600,000 ($607,000) in savings at Chrysler Group LLC’s minivan plant, says a Canadian Auto Workers union official. These efforts are being acknowledged today as Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne, who also heads Italy-based Fiat and implemented Chrysler’s adoption of WCM, visits the plant in Windsor, ON, Canada. WCM emphasizes accountability at every level of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.