TRENTON, MI – Chrysler Group LLC’s new engine plant here isn’t a lights-out factory capable of running all by itself, but it sure comes close. At full capacity, with three rotating crews operating six days per week, the highly automated Trenton South V-6 plant will be capable of producing up to 440,000 engines annually, employing only 499 people. In contrast, the adjacent Trenton North facility, opened in 1952 and one-time home of the original Chrysler Hemi V-8, runs two shifts with 825 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.