AUSTIN, TX – Chrysler Group’s plan to take the Chrysler brand upmarket officially is dead, says Chief Operating Officer Wolfgang Bernhard. The brand will continue to target future products at the volume segments, albeit with premium touches. “We do not intend to push the Chrysler brand upmarket,” Bernhard tells Ward's in an interview here to introduce the new Dodge Durango SUV and SRT-10 Dodge Ram fullsize pickup. “From my point of view, the premium positioning of the Chrysler brand was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.