LIVONIA, MI – Dan Knott knows which buttons not to push as Chrysler Group LLC seeks to improve its embarrassing supplier-relations record. No single metric will trump another, the auto maker’s senior vice president-purchasing says. Otherwise, Chrysler would be guilty of “push-button” management, Knott says during a taping of the PBS television show, “Autoline Detroit.” “American businesses tend to push on the ‘magic button,’” he says. “The magic button two or three years ago was cost ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.