North American auto makers have shaved some 37,000 units off their third-quarter schedules from what they were planning for the period a month ago. The cuts were led by Chrysler Group, which reduced its plan by 44,200 units, and Toyota Motor Mfg. North America Inc., which pared 10,000 units from its third-quarter slate. But that was due to an estimated 21,000-unit shortfall from its July plan. Toyota is increasing production plans for August and September that offset about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.