TRENTON, MI – Horsepower wars once were the domain of V-8 engines, but Chrysler Group LLC enters the mix today by announcing its new 3.6L Pentastar mill will make 306 hp in the ’11 Dodge Challenger. The 55-hp hike comes on the heels of boasts made earlier this year that new V-6s in the Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang, both Challenger competitors, would generate 312 hp and 305 hp, respectively. Chrysler also announces other beneficiaries of Pentastar-powered upgrades will include the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.