NEW YORK – Financial difficulties haven't affected budgeting for research and development, says Bernard Robertson, Chrysler Group senior vice president-engineering and regulatory affairs. The budget has ranged from 2.8% to 3% of revenue for the past three years, or about $1.8 billion annually. This has enabled Chrysler to retain all of its projects, and taken on additional programs in collaboration with Mercedes, he says. Robertson’s remarks come at a press conference here to announce a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.