Hyundai Automotive Group Chairman Chung Mong-koo made a rare appearance Wednesday at a groundbreaking ceremony in Nosovice, Czech Republic, signifying the start of construction of a new €1.1 billion ($1.5 billion) Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. plant. Chung also officiated over a belated “grand opening” ceremony for a new Kia Motors Corp. plant in neighboring Zilina, Slovakia. The €1 billion ($1.4 billion) greenfield facility has been in production since December. The group chairman continues ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.