All-new '01 Civics now rolling out of Honda of America Mfg. Inc.'s (HAM) plant in East Liberty, OH, represent more than just the seventh generation of Honda's now-classic compact car. The new Civics are being built using several all-new development and process initiatives, including a ground-breaking manufacturing philosophy that Honda dubs New Manufacturing System (NMS). Honda says NMS will drastically reduce re-tooling costs and increase assembly plant speed, efficiency and quality. For ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.