CLEON, France – The 3.0L V-6 diesel engine rumored to be in development by Renault SA and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. for their luxury cars in Europe likely would be built in Renault’s Cleon engine factory, insiders say. Cleon last summer began manufacturing the M9R 2.0L diesel. “We are the only plant that would make big engines,” says Jean-Francois Bron, Cleon plant manager. Renault has other engine plants around the world, but Cleon is the diesel specialist and it is not far from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.