Ford Motor Co. is downplaying an engine problem that has stopped production of its ’03 SVT Mustang Cobra. “We’ll make up our target production of 12,000 units,” a spokesman says. “We didn’t lose any Cobras. All the customers are happy. All the dealers are communicated to.” A “dealer communication” publicly raised a red flag concerning the defect, leading Ford to admit production was suspended earlier this month and won’t resume until Nov. 12. “It was an issue that was found during the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.