Light truck buyers continue to opt more and more for comfort and convenience items, a Ward's survey of factory installed equipment shows. Gaining penetration are such features as automatic temperature controls, power seats, keyless entry, anti-theft devices and compact disc players, according to the final tally of equipment installation rates for the '99 model year (see insert). Also continuing is the shift to 4-wheel antilock brakes, from rear-only systems. Penetration of rear ABS fell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.