General Motors Corp.’s ’04 Chevrolet Corvette will have a carbon fiber hood on the Z06 Commemorative Edition. MacLean Vehicle Systems, working in conjunction with GM and Toray Composites (America) Inc., has developed and is producing the hoods for 2,000-3,000 Corvettes. It is the first production application using carbon fiber for a class-A body panel by a major North American OEM, says MacLean, which is producing the hoods at its West Jordan, UT, Quality Composites operating unit.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.