The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation cancels a Jan. 28 hearing that was to deal with corporate average fuel economy. Speculation is committee members have all the information they need to complete the “increased fuel efficiency” section of the Energy Policy Act of 2002. Sec. 801 was reserved for statutory language, which should be made known on or before Feb. 11, when the bill is scheduled to reach the Senate floor.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.