INNER MONGOLIA — Energy Conversion Device Inc. receives government approval to form a joint venture between its subsidiary, Ovonic Batter Co. Inc., and Rare Earth High-Tech Co. Ltd. of Baotou Steel Co., in China's Inner Mongolia. Ovonic Battery will supply US$100 million to the nickel metal hydride battery-making JV. The JV, named Rare Earth-Ovonic Metal Hydride Co. Ltd., will begin construction on its first production facility in August. The project calls for Ovonic Battery to supply ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.