Component failures ranging from a dislodged cable to a faulty sensor rank No.1 among the most common causes for 2007’s light-vehicle calls, according to a Ward’s analysis. Of the 588 safety recall campaigns initiated last year by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. – actions that affected about 14.5 million total vehicles including medium- and heavy-duty trucks, buses, niche vehicles, motorcycles and trailers – 112 had implications for 9.7 million light vehicles. An analysis of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.