WASHINGTON -- Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) announces Congress has appropriated $14 million for the purchase of pickup trucks for evaluation and testing under the army’s COMBATT military truck program. Sen. Levin made the announcement at a press conference Dec. 20 at the Washington auto show. The appropriation is for one year and is expected to be renewed for additional vehicle procurement. At an expected cost of $50,000 per unit, the appropriation could purchase 280 trucks. DaimlerChrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.