A bill introduced in the House of Representatives July 22, designed to offer tax relief to buyers opting for certain advanced safety technology, is receiving support from so-called intelligent vehicle technology makers. Illinois Congressman Phil Crane and Michigan Congressmen Sandy Levin and Mike Rogers are sponsoring the “Intelligent Vehicle Highway Safety Act of 2004.” Lane-departure warning-system by Iteris Inc. and Valeo SA. The bill calls for a taxpayer deduction of up to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.