LONDON — Life at Connolly Leather was downright gloomy until recently, even for a renowned company that appoints the world's finest automobiles (Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin, Bentley and Ferrari), the Concorde and British Parliament with top-grade leather. Much larger U.S. leather suppliers, including Eagle Ottawa and Seton, were horning in on its hallmark automotive business by expanding their European presence. Connolly had even lost Rover Group business to Eagle Ottawa after BMW AG bought ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.