TIANJIN — Construction begins in Tianjin on a new plant that will house Toyota Motor Corp.'s small-car joint venture here (see FOCUS ON CHINA — July '00, p.3). The move follows China's approval of a plan for Toyota to build 1.3L passenger cars through a JV with Tianjin Automobile Xiali Corp., named Tianjin Toyota Motor Co. Ltd. The 50-50 venture will begin building Toyota-badged vehicles at the plant in 2002. The carmaker plans to build 30,000 vehicles annually of a small car based on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.