Consumer confidence will play a key role in shaping the U.S. economy for the remainder 1999, says G. Mustafa Mohatarem, chief economist for General Motors Corp. While analysts continue to forecast a slowdown in the U.S. economy, Mr. Mohatarem chooses to take an optimistic view. “The slowdown in the U.S. will be less sharp than the consensus,” Mr. Mohatarem predicts, citing a remarkable performance over the last six to seven years. Considering the expansion in the U.S., the growth in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.