PONTIAC – General Motors Corp. will install a fuel-efficient 4-cyl. in any vehicle consumers demand – even in models long associated with much bigger engines, the auto maker’s powertrain boss says. “When they want it, we’ll give it to them,” says Tom Stephens, executive vice president-GM Powertrain and Global Quality. “I feel so good today, because I have a shelf that is absolutely overflowing with great things. There isn’t much you could ask for I couldn’t deliver. It’s a good feeling.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.