PORTLAND, ME – Consumers who buy hybrid-electric utility vehicles are more interested in saving the planet than saving at the pump, a Chrysler LLC marketing executive says. Environmental-impact mitigation is the primary purchase motivator for buyers of vehicles such as the Ford Escape Hybrid and Toyota Highlander Hybrid, says Michael Berube, senior manager-Chrysler brand marketing. According to data compiled through Strategic Vision Inc.’s New Vehicle Experience Study, 28% of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.