MUMBAI – Mahindra Renault Ltd., which builds and sells the no-frills Logan small car in India, is being dissolved, with Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. planning to buy Renault SA’s 49% share of the joint venture as conflicting philosophies drive a wedge in the partnership. The French auto maker is shifting its strategy in India away from low-cost cars and toward a more traditional niche with other European marques. The JV, inked in 2005, had an excellent beginning when it launched in 2007. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.