Employees at a former DaimlerChrysler AG electronics plant in Huntsville, AL, in recent years have had plenty of reasons to be concerned about job security. Electronics supplier Siemens VDO Automotive purchased the plant from DaimlerChrysler in April 2004, and the supplier quickly initiated a 2-tier wage structure that drastically cut pay for new hires. About half of existing employees opted to “flow back” to jobs at other Chrysler plants. Some 2,000 people work there today. This week, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.