MONTREAL – Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. makes an eleventh hour decision to postpone the launch of a service to sell cars and light trucks cheaply through its warehouse clubs, following objections from Canadian car dealers and auto makers. The announcement comes on the heels of the company’s announcement that it planned to offer customers no-haggle sales with savings between C$400 ($250) and C$2,000 ($1,270) per vehicle through a pilot program in the Ottawa-Gatineau region of eastern ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.