A plug-in hybrid-electric vehicle under development by Indiana-based Bright Automotive Inc. could wear a badge from partner General Motors Co.’s brand portfolio. Dubbed IDEA, the commercial van is expected to launch in 2013 or 2014 with a GM-sourced 4-cyl. engine and transmission driving its front wheels, and an electric motor powering its rear wheels. As with branding and badging, the precise engine-transmission combination is undetermined, the partners say. Bright announces today that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.