LONDON – In an important victory for the European car industry over the European Commission, a European Union junior court says a fine levied on Volkswagen AG by the EC in 2001 is unlawful. The Court of First Instance says the €30.96 million($37.6 million) fine should be overturned as the Commission did not prove its case that VW's actions were against EU competition regulations. VW told German dealers not to sell Passat below recommended selling price. In 1996 and 1997, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.