Cross Lander USA thinks the U.S. SUV market is ready for a little Eastern European flavor. The Miami-based importer signed a contract last year with Romania’s ARO SA (Auto Romania) allowing it to build U.S.-bound 4-wheel-drive SUVs, based on an aged military vehicle design, at its Campulung, Romania, plant. The plan, announced last year, is to sell the vehicles at a rate of up to 6,000 units annually in the U.S. under the “Cross Lander 244X” nametag at as many as 150 U.S. dealers. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.