A Miami-based startup’s plan to enter the SUV market this year appears to be in dire straights. Cross Lander USA, which earlier in the decade launched a venture with the intention of importing Romanian-built ARO SA SUVs (dubbed 244X) into the U.S., currently is trying to extinguish a dispute at its Campulung, Romania, assembly plant. Fewer than 1,000 units have been built there over the past two years, according to reports, and now a domestic legal battle is threatening the plant’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.