Engine installations on '05 model North American-built light vehicles for the U.S. market reflected a shift in demand to more affordable, and likely more fuel-efficient, vehicles in 2005. However, the shift in production was not as pronounced as the '05 data first suggested. Ward's '05 model survey revealed a total 14,192,162 light vehicles were built for the U.S. – 1.8% more than the 13,944,573 '04 models in the prior-year survey. (See related data: Domestic Light-Vehicle Production by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.