BEIJING — Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. officials say they can see a day when the South Korean automaker builds cars in China. These comments, made by Daewoo Motors President Kim Taequ at the opening of two engine joint ventures in China, come despite the automaker's precarious future. Daewoo Motor's parent company, Daewoo Group, recently came close to bankruptcy and was bailed out by its domestic creditors, which now plan to put the automaking arm up to auction. Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., General ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.