It's not Daewoo Motor Co.'s new bankruptcy status that bothers Managing Director Han Chung-chul, but his company's likely death unless creditor banks quickly provide some operating funds. Mr. Han holds a key position in the company's strategic alliance office, which is trying to co-ordinate an orderly sale of its assets to an alliance of General Motors Corp. and Fiat Auto SpA. Creditor banks declared the once proud No.2 Korean automaker officially bankrupt Nov. 8, after it missed paying ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.