Contrary to reports, Daewoo Motor America Inc. hasn’t run out of parts or closed the doors of its two North American warehouses, says Gary Connelly, head of the South Korean auto maker’s U.S. arm. General Motors Corp. recently purchased some of the assets of insolvent Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., but U.S. operations were not included in the deal. The U.S. subsidiary is expected to file Chapter 11 as early as next week, Connelly tells Ward’s. But that doesn’t mean it won’t honor its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.