SEOUL — Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. executives in late March were bracing for a possible decision by General Motors Corp. on whether it will buy some or all of the bankrupt automaker's assets. The long-anticipated announcement could come as soon as April or May, Daewoo top officials say. Daewoo, meanwhile, is in a heated battle with creditor banks over restructuring recommendations developed by Arthur Anderson Consulting calling for the closure of Daewoo's huge but unprofitable Pupyong car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.