KIEV — Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. is demanding the resignation of the board of directors at Avtozaz-Daewoo, saying the move is necessary if the joint venture is to move forward. The US$300 million JV was expected to produce 72,000 cars in its first year but built only 23,424 vehicles during 1998. Daewoo, which plans to invest about US$1.28 billion in the partnership during the next seven years, wants its Korean general director to have two votes. The automaker says decisions are unreachable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.