SEOUL — Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. has completed development of a powerful 6-cyl. engine for its midsize and upscale models and plans to launch production in November. The Korean automaker, long criticized for underpowering its larger cars, has been relying on imported engines from General Motor Corp.'s Holden Ltd. operations in Australia to fill the gap. However, other than identifying the engine as an in-line 6-cyl. to be produced in both 2.0L and 2.5L versions, the company refuses to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.