YANTAI — The financial woes of South Korea's Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.'s parent company, Daewoo Group, are taking their toll on the automaker's venture in Yantai. Reports say Daewoo's joint venture, a car engine plant, is almost nonfunctional. Daewoo holds 50% of a RMB5.69 billion (US$687 million) project in FAW-Daewoo Automotive Engine, a joint venture with First Automotive Works (FAW) of Changchun, which holds a 25.5% share, and Shangdong Auto Industry Corp., which holds the remaining 24.5%. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.