SEOUL — South Korea's Hyundai and Daewoo Groups are initiating restructuring plans aimed at improving their overall financial standing in the face of increasing government pressure. Announcement of the plans follow a warning from Korean President Kim's Dae Jung that the country's banks will halt new lending and take management control of the chaebol (conglomerates), should they fail to fulfill their reform promises. The Daewoo Group is making plans to sell off the shipbuilding division ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.