SEOUL — Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., bankrupt and limping along on creditor bank handouts, plans to sell 15,000 of its new '01 Lanos II compact cars — aiming to capture a full 20% of the domestic compact segment here. The sales target is ambitious in the current down market. The 2000 Lanos II being replaced had total domestic sales of 18,673 units in a much healthier market, when they were being built and serviced by a much healthier company. This time, and for the first time in Korea, Daewoo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.