Daewoo Motor America is laying off 60-70 employees at its Compton, CA, U.S. headquarters, more than half its office staff, according to a report in USA Today. Gary Connelly, vice president of sales and operations for Daewoo’s U.S. arm, says only about 60 employees remain in Compton. He says Daewoo Motor America has not received any money from insolvent parent Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. of South Korea since September and had no choice but to lay off employees. "We don’t have any money. We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.