VIENNA – Daimler AG begins construction of its Mercedes-Benz Mfg. Hungary Kft. plant in Kecskemet, about 53 miles (86 km) southeast of Budapest. The plant will launch pilot production in 2011, with serial output to begin in 2012. It will build two of the four models to come from Mercedes-Benz front-wheel-drive architecture that will underpin the next-generation Mercedes A- and B-Class models. “Our new location in Hungary will significantly boost our competitiveness in this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.