Daimler AG and GAZ Group sign a preliminary agreement today calling for the Russian auto maker to build Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans at one of its local assembly facilities. A €100 million ($130.7 million) investment from Daimler paves the way for production. GAZ will begin preparing its Nizhny, Novgorod, assembly plant for production of the vans pending positive findings of a technical feasibility study, Daimler says. Production volumes are set at an anticipated 25,000 units annually. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.