STUTTGART — DaimlerChrysler AG will get small cars and an increased presence in Asia in one package thanks to a deal with Mitsubishi Motors Corp. The German automaker agreed to acquire a 34% equity stake in Mitsubishi for E2.1 billion (US$2.2 billion) or ¥450 (US$4.24) per share. The final contracts will be signed within the next few months, DC officials say. The alliance, according to a signed letter of intent, will encompass the design, development, production and distribution of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.