TOKYO — DaimlerChrysler AG is negotiating to purchase as much as a 34% stake in Japan's Mitsubishi Motors Corp., Japanese media reports say. The deal would give the automaker a stake in Asia, where it lacks a significant presence. It also could prove to be a lifesaver to Mitsubishi, which carries •1.7 trillion (US$15.6 billion) in interest-bearing debt. Mitsubishi confirmed talks are going on. DC declined to comment. Published reports say talks have reached the final stages, with only ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.