DaimlerChrysler AG is looking into the possibility of building a new plant in Florida to produce Sprinter cargo vans, say Florida news reports (see DC Strategy Includes Plant). A site in Jacksonville reportedly is being considered, as are sites in Savannah, GA, and Charleston, SC. The plant would be operational by 2006. A DC spokesman says the auto maker isn’t sure if it wants to increase Sprinter production in Dusseldorf, Germany, where the van’s parts are made, or at a new U.S. plant. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.