DaimlerChrysler AG says it will begin producing Mitsubishi Motors Corp.’s Pajero SUV at its Beijing Jeep Corp. joint venture plant with Beijing Automotive Industry Corp. in China. The vehicles will be equipped with either 3L or 3.2L engines and sell for RMB300,000 ($36,240) beginning in 2004. Mitsubishi, owned 37% by DC, says it hopes to sell 20,000 Pajeros annually in China. A spokesman for Beijing Jeep says the plant is currently using only one-tenth of its 100,000-unit-per-year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.