DaimlerChrysler AG says it netted $6.1 billion in its first business year on sales of $154.6 billion. The net income figure represents a 29% increase on 1997 combined earnings (Daimler-Benz AG and Chrysler Corp.), the company says in its first financial statement. Earnings per share, at $6.54, are up 30% from year-earlier. The management board says it will propose a dividend of $2.75 per share. Each of 81,000 U.S. workers will average $7,400 in profit sharing, up 61% on 1997. Another ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.